Theo Tobiasse lithographs, aquatints & carborundum etchings
Price range: $500-$2500
Theo Tobiasse is an internationally acclaimed artist originally from Israel and brought to Paris during his childhood in 1942. Tobiasse drew on his life experiences including his two years spent in hiding during World War II. Continuing to paint and draw in France throughout the 1950’s and 1960’s, Tobiasse began to exhibit his work winning numerous prizes and eventually was able to paint full time. Theo expresses his innermost feelings when painting (most happy, some not) Some of the work is so powerful that it inspired a book by Chaim Potok called “Theo Tobiasse: Artist in Exile” which we we also have in the gallery. After traveling extensively throughout the US and Mexico, Tobiasse became influenced by Aztec culture. He continued to work from his studio in France and New York until his death in 2012. We have one of the largest inventories of his signed limited edition lithographs and caborundum etchings. If you’re interested in learning more about this artist, please contact us.
- Accordeon de Chair et Rire
- Contree Lumineuse
- David et Bethsabee
- Destins Evanouis
- Enfants Venus du Palais de la Memoire
- From the "Shavuot Series"
- Je Marche dans le Temps Perdus -
- Je suis Si Pres de Tes Desirs
- L'Enfant Clown aux Yeux Graves Qui Chante L'Eternal Wound of Exile
- L'Enfant Habille de Lumiere Mystique
- La Rue est un Monde Ouvert aux Deesses
- La-Bas Vers Canaan
- Le Ciel est Etroit Entre les Vagues et la Nuit
- Le Puits de Jacob
- Leda et le Cygne
- Les Premiers Matins du Monde
- Poeme a Trois Voix 1
- Poeme a Trois Voix 2
- Poeme a Trois Voix 3
- Pour Desirer la Femme Jusqu'au Fond de son Miroir
- Ten Commandments [from the Shavuot Series]
- Un Peuple Assis dans l'Usure des Pierres
- Venise est un Bateau qui Creuse le Temps
Please notify me of new work by Theo Tobiasse.
You can unsubscribe at any time.